"After a few years of experiencing lower back pain, I found MWW and began attending Back Body yoga just 6 months ago; I've since been attending their range of therapeutic and yin/yang yoga, as well as upper- and lower-body conditioning and core strength classes, and I feel stronger and healthier both physically and mentally."- Grace T.
Yoga at Medicine Wheel Wellness focuses on a holistic approach to helping students increase awareness of their body, mind, emotions, and spirit. All of our classes are designed thoughtfully to craft a gentle, therapeutic style of yoga with trained yoga professionals.
We offer classes that focus on:
· A healthy back
· Stability for the spine and joints
· Connection to the breath and breathing techniques
· Total relaxation with the use of touch, oils, and sound bowls
· The use of silk hammocks to provide spinal traction and create relaxation
· Ways to replenish the connective tissue and synovial fluid in the joints
· Prenatal and postnatal specific poses to ease tension, prepare for labor, re-strengthen the body and pelvic floor, as well as build community